May 4th-13th, 2017
22nd LACF – Film
22nd LACF – Comedy Act
22nd LACF – Screenplay Competition
19th LACF Screenplay Competition Submission
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Phone (if outside US, please provide country code)
Feature (31-120 pages)
TV Pilot (1-30 pages)
Short (1-30 pages)
Tell Us About Your Script
3 Line Synopsis
Prior Screenplay Competitions & Awards
Script PDF Upload (Optional)
Accepted file types: pdf.
How did you hear about the Festival?
Word of Mouth
LA Comedy Fest Newsletter
LA Comedy Fest Email List
LA Comedy Fest Video Promo
LA Comedy Fest Podcast
A Special Thing
Improv Resource Center
If you chose "Other", please specify
Application Fee Payment Method
Your submission fee is $45.
Application Fee Payment Method
Your application fee is $35
LA COMEDY FILM FESTIVAL - LOS ANGELES, CA
NOV 9th-19th, 2017 - Submissions Rules
LA COMEDY FILM FESTIVAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from LA COMEDY FILM FESTIVAL.
1. All submissions must be COMEDY screenplays, in English.
2. Scripts may not be optioned, produced or purchased.
3. Scripts must be the original work of the writer. Multiple writer’s are allowed. If the script is a finalist, the writers will divide the prize amongst themselves.
4. Feature Scripts should be no more than 130 pages. Short Scripts and TV Pilots should be no more than 32 pages.
5. Do not include any additional materials with your submission.
6. No Shooting Scripts.
7. It is strongly recommended that scripts be copyrighted with the Library of Congress or registered with the WGA www.wga.org.
8. Application, Release and Hold Harmless agreement and fee must be included with submission.
9. All applicants must be 18 years of age at time of signing release.
10. Under no circumstances will substitutions of corrected pages or new drafts of submitted screenplays be accepted.
11. Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted. Scripts will not be returned.
12. Selection of the winner will be made by the LA Comedy Festival and may not be contested.
13. I understand that LACF may decide to increase or decrease the number of finalists at its sole discretion and reserves the right to grant less than or no awards, at its sole discretion, if a lesser number of, or no entries meet the submissions requirements and/or industry standards of excellence.
14. Prizes will be delivered to each legally qualified winner within ninety (90) days of LACF receipt of completed W-9 Tax form.
15. Prizes are subject to change without notice. LACF reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time.
16. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to LA COMEDY FILM FESTIVAL will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. I/We wish to have our screenplay hereby known as "ENTRY" included in the 22nd LA Comedy Festival: Screenplay Competition 2017 hereby known as “LACF”. I/We grant LACF, its festival director, Lawrin Goulston Salazar and the festival’s sponsors the right to use for promotional purposes on television, on the LACF website (www.lacomedyfest.com, www.lacomedyfestival.com), on sponsors websites, flyers, posters, press releases, etc. my/our name(s), screenplay title and logline.
2. If more than one (1) party signs this agreement as submitter, then reference to “I”, “me”, “my” throughout this agreement shall apply to each party; jointly and separately.
3. My ENTRY has not been optioned, produced or purchased. If it does become optioned or produced or sold during the judging period then the ENTRY will be disqualified and the entry fee will be forfeited. It is my obligation to let the festival know that it has been optioned, sold or produced.
4. I understand creative revisions may be required prior to setting up meetings and therefore agree to the process as outlined by the LACF staff. I also understand that if chosen as a finalist it is a requirement to sign a W-9 tax form to receive any prizes. I understand and accept without reservation that I am an independent contractor and that LACF is not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any government agency, at any level, be it state, local or federal. All prize money must be made out to the writer of the script.
5. I grant the LACF permission to give a copy of my ENTRY to industry members if requested. Industry, includes but is not limited to network executives, agents, managers, casting directors and others that can aid in securing future work or funding to make my ENTRY into a film or TV show.
6. I/We own and am the only authors of the material submitted with application and are the only people that can lay claim to this work. I further claim that the submitted material is not adapted from work of any other author.
7. I have kept at least two copies of the screenplay and I understand that no materials included with this application will be returned.
8. I understand that LACF may decide to increase or decrease the number of finalists at its sole discretion and reserves the right to grant less than or no awards, at its sole discretion, if a lesser number of, or no entries meet the submissions requirements and/or industry standards of excellence.
9. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to register Script with the U.S. Copyright Office or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in my country.
10. I understand that LACF, its producers and sponsors are relying on this release and accordingly, I hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunction or other equitable relief against LACF, its officers, agencies, employees and sponsors.
11. I have read, understand, and agree to the rules and regulations stated for LACF: Screenplay Competition and in exchange for release, I receive the opportunity to have my ENTRY read, evaluated and judged by LACF as part of its Screenplay Competition and accept that there is no promise of additional payment, in any form for likeness, image, biography, recording, equipment, or for any other contribution by us on this screenplay. If my ENTRY wins an award, that award will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
12. I warrant that the use of the rights granted here and of any material supplied by me will not violate the rights of any third party. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LACF, its officers, agencies, employees, and sponsors from any claims by third parties alleging that our content or material infringes on any third party’s rights. This Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind my assigns and any representative.
13. This contract is the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and replaces and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, verbal or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment, addendum, modification or waiver of this contract or any portion hereof shall be valid unless contained in a writing signed by both parties hereto.
14. This contract shall be deemed to be entered into in Los Angeles County, California, and shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements entered into and carried out entirely within California. I agree that any and all disputes or controversies arising under this contract or any of its terms shall be resolved under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association, under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, through its Los Angeles, California office; provided, however that I agree that my remedies for any breach of this contract by LACF, its officers, agencies, employees, and sponsors will be limited to damages to an action at law to recover and in no event will I be entitled to rescind or terminate this agreement or to seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
15. I hereby certify that I am over eighteen years of age and competent to contract in my own name.
16. I have read the foregoing release and authorization and agreement, before affixing my signature below, and warrant that I fully understand the contents thereof.
17. I am authorized to sign and give consent for everyone who contributed to all materials submitted with this application to the 22nd LA Comedy Festival: Screenplay Competition 2017.
18. We reserve the right to refuse to consider any submission at our discretion.
I have read and accept the rules & regulations.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Submit Comedy Act
© 2015 LA Comedy Fest, LLC | All Rights Reserved |